Joke of the Week. The Difference between Men and Women
– Women are honest, loyal, and forgiving. They are smart, knowing that knowledge is power. But they still know how to use their softer side to make a point.
– Women want to be the best for their family, their friends, and themselves.
– Their hearts break when a friend dies. They have sorrow at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
– A woman can make a romantic evening unforgettable.
– Women come in all sizes, in all colors and shapes. They live in homes, apartments and cabins. They drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you.
– The heart of a woman is what makes the world spin! Women do more than just give birth. They bring joy and hope. They give compassion and ideals.
– They give moral support to their family and friends. And all they want back is a hug, a smile and for you to do the same to people you come in contact with.
– Men are good at lifting heavy stuff and sometimes killing spiders.
News of the Week
In the news today:
PARIS (AFP) – A Chinese vase discovered in a battered shoebox stuffed in an attic in France is set to be the star of a Sotheby’s auction next month. Experts have identified the find as an exquisite porcelain vessel made for the 18th century Qing dynasty Emperor Qianlong and the guide
price for its auction on June 12 starts at a modest €500,000 ($780,000). It was found by chance among dozens of other pieces of Chinoiserie.
This story reminds me of the Lord’s parable of the Treasure in the Field:
The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field (Matt 13:44).
Most American homes have at least one Bible. The Bible is like the field; the gospel is the treasure hidden in it. It is hidden in that too many who read the Bible fail to see the gospel. If only more folks would dig deeper into the Bible they would find the gospel of the kingdom of heaven.
Note well though that to obtain a place in that kingdom we must sell all we have, that is, we must give up the world—repent—and believe in him. Cheap belief without repentance will not obtain forgiveness and new life in him. Jesus commands all to believe and repent (Matt. 4:17, Luke 24:45-47).
And now I neatly segue to the commercial
Even Christians have a need to dig into their Bibles; there is more treasure to be had. Why not buy one of Saluda Press’s Bible study guides and find some of that treasure. Saluda Press has study guides for James, the letters of Peter, Galatians, and Colossians. They are just the right length for summer study. Many of your churches will take a summer break from adult Bible class or Bible study, but that doesn’t mean you should do the same on a personal level. Go to the top of this page, click on Buying My Books, and purchase the guide of your choice.