FORMATTING AND COPY EDITING SERVICES
Saluda Press wants to encourage aspiring authors to publish or self-publish their work. To that end we offer the following services.
Services offered by Saluda Press
- Formatting for publication. Usual sizes: 5.5×8.5 inches for non-fiction paperbacks, 6×9 inches for fiction. Other sizes available. Type faces and type sizes to suit the author. (I highly recommend Garamond 12 for text, a type face and size book printers like; other type faces available if desired for section headings, title page, etc.)
- Copy editing: Reviewing and correcting the manuscript for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Will suggest improvements for awkward or unclear wording in consultation with the author. Review of final product with author.
- Preparation of index if desired after consultation with author.
- Obtaining and registering your ISBN. Additional cost—see below.
- Obtaining a bar code. Additional cost possible—see below.
- Preparation of front and back cover materials in consultation with author. Possible additional cost for cover image—see below.
- Production of camera-ready PDF for the book printer.
My price for all of the above: $1.00/100 words.
Additional costs you may incur: ISBN and bar code, cover image, printer’s design service for cover (if needed), cost of printing the book.
Whether you want or need these additional items and services depends on who your intended readers are, how you obtain your cover image, and who prints your book. I will help you obtain these items, but their costs are determined by and paid to someone other than me.
If you are interested in exploring the feasibility of publishing your own work I would be glad to consult with you at no cost. Email: email@example.com. Telephone: 425-802-8529.